I have been hearing about the sudden disruption and discomfort caused to the unsuspecting law abiding citizens. Unfortunately I cannot give the first hand experience being an expat working out of India , however I have been talking with relatives , friends and colleague in India about the situation and if at all they are facing any serious issues. Most of them reported that there are some minor issues however nothing that cannot be handled. I am sure this might not be the case with everyone as situations vary with people and location.
There are a variety of reactions from people
- Some laud the PMs strong action however also accepting that it could be more streamlined.
- Some feel this is a bad move and could cause more issues than benefits.
- Some are totally against it and have been sharing their concerns.
- Some are questioning the motive and alleging foul play as well for personal mileage. (no prize for guessing ... )
- And there are people who are really affected the ones who have lots of undeclared money and now feel that their lifetime savings are at risk.